How to do Organic Farming – The Central and State Governments are running a number of schemes for the benefit of the farmers to promote organic farming in the nation. The government also provides training in organic farming. Many farmers are practicing organic farming as a result of this. The government also wants to limit the use of chemical fertilizers and pesticides in the crops. Instead, it wants to utilize organic farming practices and natural fertilizers like cow dung and earthworm manure to ensure that the crops are safe for human consumption.
The way agriculture was carried out a few decades ago and how it is carried out now are very different. Before India gained its independence, no chemicals were used in farming; nevertheless, as a result of population growth and rising food prices, individuals began to employ chemical fertilizers to boost agricultural output.
What is organic farming
Organic farming is a time-honored technique for growing crops. We should point out that organic farming also goes by the name of organic farming. In organic agriculture, plants are provided with nutrients through manure, compost, bacterial fertilizers, crop leftovers, and many kinds of mineral compounds found in nature. The fact that natural substances are employed as pesticides in this style of farming is crucial. Organic farming preserves the natural shape of the land as well as the cleanliness of the surroundings.
- After the Green Revolution, the yield increased but the profit of the small farmer decreased because the cost of chemical fertilizers became expensive every year and the yield of the land decreased.
- Chemicals are not used in organic farming. Farmers use only organic fertilizers and organic insecticides for farming.
- Organic farming also includes animal husbandry, poultry, dairy farms if farmers do not use any chemicals or hormones.
How To Do Organic Farming
Organic farming, sage farming, natural farming, crop production is done with different names. Many states in the country stay away from doing such farming. The biggest reason why people still lag behind in doing organic farming is the lack of proper information about the various methods of organic farming and its benefits. In the name of the Green Revolution, we have been using more fertilizers and water over the years and producing more mature crops in less time.
To make cow dung manure, dig a pit 3 feet wide and 5 feet deep and 15 to 20 feet long and spread a plastic tarpaulin. Then put the remains of fruits and vegetables etc. in that pit and put cow dung and animal urine etc. on it. Fill the pit completely by adding cow dung, taking care that it should not be completely moist. Now cover the pit properly. After 20 days, stir well in the pit. Organic Farming in Hindi) Make sure to stir this mixture well 4 times a month. Now your organic fertilizer will be ready. Your organic fertilizer is ready within 90 to 120 days. Sprinkle organic fertilizers in the fields.
How To Make Organic Compost
1. Process To Make Manure
To make cow dung manure, you have to dig a pit about 1 meter wide, 1 meter deep and 5 to 10 meters long. First of all, spread a plastic sheet in the pit and cover it with soil and cow dung mixed with animal dung, animal urine and water in the proper quantity. After about 20 days, mix well the mixture lying in the pit. Similarly, after about 2 months, mix this mixture once again and cover it and close it. During the third month, you will get cow dung compost ready, which you can use as per your need.
2. Vermicompost Earthworm Manure
Organic Farming in Hindi – Earthworm is called the friend of the farmer. To make earthworm manure, you will need 2 to 5 kg of earthworms, cow dung, neem leaves, and a plastic sheet. To make earthworms, dig a long pit and spread a plastic sheet in it. After that sprinkle water according to your choice by mixing cow dung, farm soil, neem leaves and earthworms. Tell you for information that 1 kg of earthworm makes 1 kg of vermicompost in 1 hour.
Benefits From Organic Farming
There are many benefits of organic farming like the one you are doing. The second benefit is to those who are going to eat vegetables grown from organic farming. First of all, let us talk about the benefits that people who do organic farming get.
- By doing organic farming, the fertilizer capacity of the land i.e. the fertile power increases, due to which the production is more.
- The environment is not polluted by organic farming, that means the environmental balance remains.
- The requirement of water is less in organic farming as compared to chemical farming.
- In the production of crops in organic farming, the farmer has to spend less and the profit is more.
- Along with this, there is a good demand for organic vegetables in the market today. Because of this you cultivate it. So you can get good profit, apart from this many people are not cultivating it. So you also get an early advantage from this.
- People who are going to eat fruits or vegetables of organic farming. It will be beneficial for them that they will get to see quality vegetables. Due to this, they will have to face less diseases.
FAQ Organic Kheti Kaise Kare
What is organic farming?
Ans. The method of farming in which chemical fertilizers, manures and pesticides are used to a minimum.
How many types of organic farming are there?
Ans. There are mainly two types of organic farming. First pure organic farming and second integrated organic farming.
What comes in organic farming?
Ans. Straw, straw, husks, compost, vermicompost, vermiwash, nadep compost, vermi compost or earthworm compost, CPP etc. comes.
Benefits of organic farming?
Ans. The farmer’s dependence on chemical fertilizers decreases, the quality of the land increases enormously, the water holding capacity of the land increases many times, and the pollution caused by chemical fertilizers decreases.